Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blackhawks take Game 2



I must admit, I was thinking very selfishly when I found out the Blackhawks were going to play on Memorial Day weekend. You see, I've worked every weekend and every holiday weekend (except when I've had off for weddings or family functions)  for almost 4 years and part of the reason for me wanting to resign from good old Banana Republic was so that I could have more time for myself and with my husband to do the things we are always talking about doing but never actually doing.

This weekend I spent a lot of time at work but I can't complain since I wasn't the only one. There are many people who have lots of different roles and functions but all work together towards "One Goal" of getting to the Stanley Cup. After seeing all the hard work that goes into it from an event and tech ops side of things, I may have missed out on my holiday weekend. BUT...I got to be part of something amazing. That something amazing includes 2 games of the Stanley Cup Finals where my beloved Blackhawks took both games. Want to know what is even better? The hubs got to enjoy game 1 first hand and my dad and his bestie got to enjoy game 2, something the 2 of them have been waiting to see for years.


Neither party was disappointed. In fact, not one fan in the United Center this past weekend was disappointed (ok maybe those that were in orange). The Blackhawks only need 2 more wins to say that they are the victors of the 2010 Stanley Cup and I am grateful that I get to be part of it. So while some of you spent the weekend liek you do every year, water front with tasty beverages in hand I got to partake in something that may only happen once in my lifetime and for that, I am feeling truely blessed today. I am guessing these guys are too....



No comments:

Post a Comment