Friday, June 18, 2010

Post Venue Picking

After we picked the venue we really didn’t do too much for awhile. We figured we had plenty of time so the hubs kept busy doing his day to day and me the same, with the exception that I started to get blog crazy. This is when I learned about Google Reader which led me to subscribe to everything, seriously everything. Some of my favorite wedding blogs that I still follow today (despite being married for almost a year) include:

Snippet & Ink
Classic Bride
Something Old Something New
An East Coast Wedding
An Army Wife’s Alaskan Adventures
And my close friend Tying the Knot, and her second blog Penned and Pretty

This got the mind thinking. I couldn't stop myself. In the morning I wanted to read wedding blogs and int he evening too. I would spend all day (in between doing work of course) looking for a wedding that looked like it defined us. I never really found it but I did come close. I suppose, that's what makes weddings so special these days, people aren't afraid to break away from the cookie cutter wedding and make the wedding as unique as the couple is. We came up with a lot of inspiration which is what helped us, or at least me, make some of the next decisions.

1 comment: