Saturday, January 2, 2010

Why I Blog

I’ve been mulling over the idea of starting a blog for some time now. The truth is, the timing just never seemed right, I was either busy or I would attempt to start one and could never think of a name. I have had a Google Reader account for almost 2 years and still no blog. After my husband and I got engaged I subscribed to every wedding blog I could find. My husband even started his own “comical” wedding blog from his perspective, but even then the time didn’t seem right. Recently, I’ve been following more personal blogs and house decorating blogs which I enjoy reading, but couldn’t find the urge to start writing.

Then it happened. A few days back I got an invitation to showcase my last year in photos on Facebook and as silly as it may seem, I figured why not. When I saw all the photos come together from 2009, I realized that besides the rough year my husband, family and friends had gone through, we still managed to do some really awesome things. Later that day, I was driving to work and heard a radio dj talking about his favorite memories of the decade and that really had me thinking. What if all the bad times cloud the good times? How will I remember all the good times? Then it hit me, it was time.

I plan on blogging from here on out about all the good things past and present. It may be a rocky start, but I hope you stay with me.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment