Thursday, January 28, 2010

Minne Turns 3



Today one of my pride and joys turns 3 (or what we would like to say is 21 in Doggie years). I haven’t had the chance to introduce you yet to my 17 lbs Boston Terrier so I thought today would be a prime opportunity.

I believe this was taken during our drive from Minneapolis to Indianapolis for the NFL opener in Indy a few years back.


I went my whole life wanting a dog, but I knew with my families fast paced life style and small home, having a dog didn’t seem to fit in. While being in college I started doing research on breeds and every dog who walked by I would have to introduce myself too. I did some nannying along with some dog sitting and overtime knew I wanted a dog. Especially a French Bulldog or a Boston Terrier. After college, I moved up to the twin city areas with my ex boyfriend and soon moved in with a few girls in a cute townhome style apartment in Minneapolis (don’t worry he's only my ex boyfriend because he's my husband).

While in Minneapolis I was browsing the local paper puppy for sale ads and guess what I found? A brand new litter of Boston Terriers that would be available in a few weeks. After getting roommate approval and talking to the ex boyfriend, I decided I would go look at the dog, but I promised I wouldn’t bring one home...I lied. Well not really. At the time, my intention really was just to see the puppy.

I thought I took this photo from the Indy Star years ago, but I could be wrong, if I am please let me know.


After playing with the litter for a few hours, we ended up driving home with an 8 week old female Boston Terrier. While thinking of the names, Minneapolis seamed perfect, yet a little long. Minneapolis was the place where I took my first job out of college and it was the place where my little girl is from. After a few days, we decided to call her Minne short for Minneapolis.

Minne's First Snow at about 10 weeks old, about 4.5 lbs


Since that day she has brought nothing but happiness to our hearts. Don’t get me wrong, the dog training was a pain in the but and there are times she still acts out but for the most part she is a great dog who gives us nothing but love. So for her Birthday last year we wanted to do something really special for her, so we threw her a doggy party.

>


All her local friends came to sing to her! It was such a fun Party!



We wanted to do the same thing this year, but we downsized our apartment this past year and our apartment doesn’t allow “visiting” pets so a dog party is out. We opted for the next best thing, we made a visit to our favorite local pet store, Two Bostons and let Minne pick out some goodies for her big day. I think she'll be getting her Birthday donut tonight.



We will also be doing a trip to Elwood this weekend so Minne will spend her Birthday weekend with her new cousin Buddy (a 4+month old French Bulldog Boston Terrier mix). We are sure there will be plenty of new videos and photos to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment