Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bad Luck, Uck

This weekend was full of bad luck ::uck:: While packing the truck for our trip to small town Indiana, my husband went to open his truck bed and snapped his key. Yup his key broke and half of it was in the lock. So we had to put all of our luggage in the front seat of the truck with us. I am sure that Minne was the one who was most comfortable, and she even got sick in the car ride after snatching my cheeseburger right out of my hand!

We get to Indiana to find out the hubby's clutch on his truck was shot. After looking over everything else, his ball bearings were also shot. ::uck:: On top of that, my sister's team didn't qualify for state. On their way home from the competition they found out a few boys from their HS football team had been in a bad accident. ::uck::

The Upside

My sister is adorable and despite losing, I heard her team rocked their routine and as you can see here they looked adorable!

Another up, a good thing about being in a small town is that everyone knows everyone and everyone knows some one who can help. We were able to order a new clutch, get it in that night and find someone to install it that night. The cost was expensive but totally fair. It was cheaper to fix that than to have a monthly car payment, for now anyway ;)

Finally, what could be more awesome then spending the weekend with your hubby and wonder dog? How about hanging out with the cutest little nephew ever! We got to watch Minne and Buddy play for hours, I seriously don't think they slept more than 2 hours the entire time we were there because they didn't want to skip a beat!

My favorite little nephew, Buddy, tuckered out after playing with Minne


it was of course nice to see my big sis and the hubs parents too. But we had a great surprise of seeing the hub's Goddaughter (our dog walker/flower girl) and the husb grandparents. Despite all the craziness, it ended up being a great trip. Infact, I even got glasses, more on this later.

The Hubs Goddaughter in 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment