Thursday, January 21, 2010

Go Bulldawgs!

3NW Girls + Jenn


It's no secret, I loved my entire college experience. There are so many reasons why and I hope that over time I get to touch on some of them, but today brings me back to my freshman year of college. My roommate from freshman year had a cousin who played on our basketball team and from day one of our Butler experience we got to know some of the players pretty well. Naturally, we had an interest in the team and we surrounded ourself with others who had similiar interests.

Our freshman year, my friends and I got to experience a true March Madness watching our dogs make it to the Sweet 16 while watching Archey set an NCAA Division I record for consecutive free throws made. That year we rushed the streets a couple times with excitement, screaming for joy, all high fiving and perhaps there may have even been some fist pumping. It's true, it was such a rush and an experience that I hope I never forget.

Today, I can say that majority of my good friends all support the Bulldawgs. Some now have Bulldawg rooms in their houses, others make it to every game, in fact one even married one of the assistant coaches.

So tonight, I will be joining my old roommate to watch our Dawgs play ball like the good ole days wishing that all of the girls could be by my side.

Some of the team


PS I apologize for such fuzzy photos, apparently back in the day we didn't have digitals so we used to have to get the photos developed and then scan them into the computer. WOW that was a lot of work!

1 comment:

  1. Love it...what a great night.Interesting to note that now all three of those guys are coaching big time college programs (Iowa, Ohio State and Butler). Proud of our Dawgs, past and present!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete