Thursday, January 6, 2011

A few more New Years Resolutions

My husband came walking into the kitchen the other night, as I was doing dishes and asked me what he could do to be a better husband as part of his New Years resolution.

This was a hands down no brainer, so I quickly respond, "start being on time for things." He got a little offended and responded kind of harshly with a "wow you came up with that one quickly now my turn."

Wait go back to the last 3 words in the last sentence "Now my turn?" Did my husband really just come in and ask me what he could do to better himself knowing that he was going to turn around and tell me what I could do to be better?

What does one do in this situation?
A. Laugh it off and hope not to talk about it again
B. Quickly withdraw the last statement about him needing to better himself
C. Listen to see what he has to say, because lets be honest, as perfect as I may seem, I could still be a better person?

...answer honestly, I'm depending on you.

PS if you know my husband you know he's late to everything, he was even the one late to our own wedding. I'm not kidding.

3 comments:

  1. laugh it off and don't talk about it, no reason to fight over it

    ReplyDelete
  2. depends. did he actually come back with one for you? was he prepared to dish it right back to you? also, was it something {somewhat} trivial/easy to improve upon like being on time...or was it something a little harsher? Not knowing any of that I would say C. You're kinda fair game if you answered his question and should be ready to hear if he has something to throw back at you. My 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell him how awesome he is and withdraw your statement. Doesn't he call himself captain awesome?

    ReplyDelete