Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzardmania

Snow!

 I live in the Midwest, scratch that I live in the Chicago land area. Let's be real here, this city was made for snow, half our budgets get poured into snow and ice removal. Snow days are far and in between. 11 inches of snow, work is still on, 2 feet of snow over a 2-3 day period, work is still on.

snow in Wheaton

However, in the instance that we do get this so called "'Life-threatening’ blizzard" (you know the one where we have rapid accumulation in a short stint of time with a punch of winds) I received this email from my boss.

Lets keep an eye on the weather, if the we get what its expected overnight Tuesday, I don’t want any of you in on Wednesday. There are a few folks closer to the building that can muster in if needed.  We will most likely have an EQ* tomorrow to get people out before the weather hits hard.
*EQ is our office terminology for Early Quit

the one and only snow day from when I lived in Minnesota

Due to my early am dentist appointment tomorrow combined with tomorrow's EQ, I've been privileges with the chance to work from home. So tonight, I'm going to put together my survival kit and then prep for the best 2 snow day ever. Here's what I am thinking
  • a corncob pipe, a button and some coal for the best snowman ever (I wasn't prepared in Minnesota)
  • a shovel and some buckets to turn our kids playset in the yard into a winter fort (Minne's gonna be stoaked)
  • Catch up on thank you cards (I'm so behind) and help Minne work on her Valentine's
  • Maybe some baking
  • hot cocoa, wood in the fire place me cuddled on the sofa with a good book in hand
  • perhaps a sled ride with the hubs - we'll see if he gets all his shoveling done first ;)
 the one and only snow day from when I lived in Minnesota

If you were to have a snow day, what would you do?
PS I bet Minne is going to be most excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment