Monday, March 29, 2010

Elite 8 Weekend Summary

As I talked about here, we had a very hectic weekend that happened to fall over Butler's first appearance in an Elite 8.

Our week started with a drive to Elwood with a determination to get to get to the hubs parent's house prior to the Purdue vs Duke tip off. The drive looked like this, full of semis:


Because of all the semis & Chicago traffic I ended up having a very impatient husband and doggie:


When we arrived to Elwood, Minne and her cousin Buddy celebrated while mom and dd ate Pizza King Pizza. Minne continued celebrating the dawgs well through Sunday.

Saturday looked like this:

Lunch and Play date with the Lozers. Landon got to do some of his favorite things including, lunch at 5 Guys, a morning full of boys, some basketball and LEGOS


From there, I made my way to Laura's house for a nice little bridal shower. I can only imagine Minne's jealousy over Laura's Bullies toys:


The shower was beautiful. Jessica helped to host it and definitely used her expertise to help make the shower a success. Case in point, check out these bad boys:


Check out the beautiful bride too, ok ok the photo isn't great but still, couldn't she be a model?


We then headed over to our friend JDs house to drink some Blue Moon (Blue like Bulldawgs) and watch Butler take on K State. Good times were had by all, there was lots of screaming, gaging, crying, yelling...ect by all, I mean me. We didn't take any photos but here's what it looked like:


From there we went to dinner with some of the hubs close friends. Dinner itself was blah but the company was fabuslous. We even got to meet Mr Baby L. I think the hubs was smitten:

Landon especially liked when little "L" passed some gas:


After dinner we drove to Hinkle and waited for 3 hours for the Butler team to arrive back from Salt Lake City. (Had we still been in college we would have had more Butler friends in town to do some celebrating with, unfortunately it was just the hubs and I but it still rocked)


We waited in the cold, we waited in the rain, we waited while college kids passed out, but we waited for the one and only Bulldawgs. So worth it. Best part? Seeing how humble the guys were when they got off the buses? perhaps. Seeing Bobby Fong completely disoriented? perhaps. See Blue II. perhaps. What was really the coolest was surprising one of my BFFs. I think her hat shows it all:


After a long weekend for us, we drove home on Sunday. It didn't even take 2 minutes into the drive till Minne was asleep. I think the hubs and I both felt like she did.


For more about my love of Butler Basketball, read here

No comments:

Post a Comment