Monday, March 8, 2010

Career Exploration Blows

I just want to take a minute to give a huge shout out to my husband! In the past 4 years he has encouraged me to be an individual and to stand up for thing that I believe in. He has encouraged me to seek out career opportunities that better suit my interests and he has supported me through everything emotionally and financially.

Now that I am in a market I love, with people I enjoy and an interest that parallels what I am doing for a living, I am happy. For once, since college, I feel like I am at a good place. YAY! It's been a long time coming people. With that said, it's time to put the focus on the hubs. In a nut shell, he's been working to work. But now that I am in a good place we can shift gears to him and we can focus on what he wants to be when he grows up.

Yup, I said it, "When he grows up." See that's just it, since he was younger (since we all were younger) he was told he was going to do go to school for this then that, after that comes a job, you do the job to pay the bills and come home at the end of the day. So he's been with the same job for the past few years but he has no passion for it, which makes his drive go down which makes him not the professional he wants to be.

So starting a few weeks back, the hubs has been in contact with many different people in many different fields. He's asking them questions like what do you do, what do you like about it, what kind of person does it take to succeed in this field. All questions we should have been asking in high school and college before we decided to pick majors and careers. I think I speak for a majority when I say that many of us get pigeon holed into fields that we think we should be doing.

So thank you hubby for being my rock! Career exploration can blow with lots of hurdles in your way. Either way, changes are coming so hang in there hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment