Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes Romance does Conquer All

You know what is really cool? Having friends that are all very different. Friends who take interests in different things and friends who do things out of the norm. Friends who inspire you and surprise you all at the same time. Friends that take last minute adventures and let life lead them rather than them lead life.

Ok so where did this come from? Well one of my college friends (also a Delta Gamma sister) has been browsing jobs in Chicago for months. After lots of hard work, determination, drives back and forth from Indy to Chicago for interviewing and networking, it paid off. She got offered a job right downtown Chicago doing something that she would be great at (YAY).



However, after she started interviewing for this job, she met a boy from Charlette. From how I understand it, the two clicked immediately. It was like a match made in heaven sent right from an angel. The two seemed to know more about each other before they could even talk about themselves. It quickly grew into a long distance love story. Precious right?

Well my friend went on her second interview and soon after got a call offering her a job (because she is that awesome). After sharing the good news with this boy in Charlotte they began talking about their future and their lives together. The conversation ended with my friend moving to Chicago and after a year or two moving down to Charlette to be with this boy and if the boy could get to Chicago first, he would.

A few days went by. The boy went out of town and while there it hit him, he couldn’t stand to be apart from my friend for another minute. He jumped on a plane and flew to Indy to confess his feelings. A day later I got an unexpected call that makes my heart flutter and sad all at the same time. My friend was un-accepting her job in Chicago and was moving down south. This makes me sad because well, I was looking forward to having another college friend so close. It makes my heart flutter because most people don’t do whimsical things like this and most people are scared to have deep feelings like this in such a short amount of time...

And well because I once took a chance, moved to a foreign city with no job, no friends no idea where my life would leave me all for a boy. That boy is now my husband. If I would have let people convince me I was a fool for moving for a boy I could have missed out on some of the best years of my life.

So today I say, sometimes love does conquer all. Best of luck to my friend on her new adventure, may love be all you need.

PS won’t their story make a great one to share with kids someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment