Sunday, March 7, 2010

Run & Help?!

As the weather warms up, our mailbox starts to fill up with letters and emails about helping various nonprofit organizations. For a young couple who doesn't have a lot of money to spare, there is a great way to help raise money while maintaining health and wellness.

I have told myself for a long time that I wanted to get into shape and run in a race, any sort of race. I have watched my husband sign up the week of his first 5K and he dominated the race. He was encouraged by my little sister who was running a race for Jack (you can read more by clicking here).



He makes it look so easy, and how pretty do all the leaves look?


Months later my hubs decided to run a 10k on a spure of a moment with one of my besties and his best man. The cause? To save the animals! My hubs ran with my bestie while his best man ran with his wife. They all did so great and watching them through out the race is nothing but inspiring. Watching friends and family run has really encouraged me.



So, as the weather warms up and charities start sending more race info I've decided that I better get to training. I found this 15 week course by Jeff Galloway and I think I am going to give it a shot. I have made one minor adjustment, on Wednesdays I will be doing yoga instead of walking or crosstraining. After the first few weeks I am bump it up to yoga and walking or cross training but I figured something is better than nothing for now. So here's my plan:



After my first training workout tomorrow, I will offically be signing up for my first race in June, this one for the local animals! Wish me luck. Oh and if you have any tips, please share with me!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you hun, keep it up even if it does look like you are going to die on the treadmill ;)

    Love your Husband

    ReplyDelete