Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in a Nutshell

Christmas this year, like every year before (since college) was hectic. I luckily had Christmas eve off this year, unlike years before. This allowed us to leave on the night of the 23rd to drive to Elwood (4+ hours there) to spend Christmas eve with the inlaws. We had a wonderful family dinner, lots of presents and the dogs played forever.

From there, we headed over to see grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. It was a great night filled with awesome food and a wicked game of spoons. My husband is the only male cousin and he makes up for it by picking on all the girls. It was a wonderful night.

We got home super late, watched a bit of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and slept for a bit. A few short hours later we made the 3.5 hour drive back home. We tucked Minne into her bed with her new blankie from cousin Buddy and then made the drive out to my relatives about an hour NW of here. More food, more sweets, more presents followed by some outside ice hockey. It was great. We made it home by 8pm and finished Christmas by watching Elf.

Sadly Christmas is over and today I am back to work. I need to remind myself that the holidays can be hectic but it's super important to enjoy every minute of it because it ends so fast.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and got to enjoy every minute of it! I have 100+ blog entries in my reader to catch up on today in between work of course. Can't wait to read all about your holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment