Thursday, April 22, 2010

We Lost BUT

Yup, last night was our first softball game and we lost. We put up a great fight at the beginning but it went down hill from there. In my defense? Well I played one of the best games of softball in my life. I got on base twice, because well I earned it. I didn't get walked by mistake and I really hit the ball. I was pumped.

I also was forced to play in positions that I am not very comfortable at, but I didn't play too bad. In fact, with my first time at second I almost bobbled a fly ball but I didn't, I made the catch (yup I made my first out actually happen - woot woot). If I can say so myself, I actually did a pretty decent job in the outfield as well. I didn't catch any fly balls, but I did a lot better in the grounding than I have in previous years. So yes, we lost but I feel like as an individual player I am finally (after 3 years) starting to contribute to my team. Now that is a good feeling.

**ADDITIONAL COMMENTS**


I went to bed dreaming about my next up at bat and I woke up feeling great. I new today was going to be a good day. I met my mom for coffee to start off her Birthday celebrations and guess what? When I went to leave I had realized I locked my keys in the car. Ooopps. Thankfully, the hubs is amazing and he jumped in his car and headed our way to let me in.
Let's hope I don't bring my bad luck to work. We have a huge Bulls game tonight at the United Center and the Blackhawks have a huge game away. Lets Go Bulls! Lets Go Hawks.

No comments:

Post a Comment