Friday, April 9, 2010

Final Four, 1st Stop BU!

The hubs, Minne and I drove back down to Indiana Thursday post work. I say back because we were just there the weekend before, I spoke about it here.

We woke up early Friday and the hubs, my big sis (in law) and I headed to Indy to meet my girlfriend and her new beau! I just realized I didn't get any photo of this occurrence which instantly made me super sad ::sigh::

After some yummy coffee at Starbucks, the hubs, his sister and I made our way to Butler University. I should add, my hubs went to Purdue and his sister to Indiana University, so we are Team Indiana School all the way. Our first stop once we arrived on campus was to visit the Butler Bookstore. Licencing for Butler gear is strict so finding items to suit our needs could only be done here. We did quite a bit of shopping as you can see here (you would be amazed at how many items can fit into each of those big bags):



Outside of the Bookstore was an awesome good luck banner for the Bulldogs, I had to sign it:


Right after we saw the banner we notice a boy setting up a table with lots of Bulldogs "decorated" and some plain. I asked what they were doing and he said that they were in a business class working on a business project. I looked at the hubs and said, can we buy one? His response was that we just spent lots of money in the bookstore so did we really need a stuffed animal. I obviously said yes, so we ended up with BlueGirl:


The last time the big sis was on campus, she recalled the star fountain, so we made a quick stop there. To our surprise we saw that all the fountains were filled with blue water! It was fun till the wind kicked in and the hubs and I got sprayed, hence the super goofy photo. When we brought Minne girl down, all she cared about was the food she could smell from Atherton, hahaha:



The next stop at Butler was a "Butler Have To Do" we made our way to the bulldog statue in front of Atherton to get some photos. Minne girl didn't make the trip down with us Thursday, but over the course of the weekend she got her photo op too:



From here, we crossed the street over to the Kappa house, since my sis in law was a Kappa at IU, it was only fitting to check out the Butler chapter. She immediately fell in love with the Kappa Bulldog outside the house:


While we were at Butler with Minne, we went to try to get a photo with one of the custom bricks that Butler sold when they did the construction on the new rec center.My awesome parents got me one as part of my graduation gift, cool right? Unfortunately, it started pouring so we didn't get the brick photo and Minne didn't have many photo ops on campus. However, she loved looking out the window as we drove into campus, especially at the TKE house. It must have been those loud boys hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment