Thursday, May 13, 2010

Remember that 5K?

Weeks ago I talked about running my first 5K. I started the training and it was going well until about the 3rd week. Work got busy, the weather got worse and running seemed impossible. In the past 2 weeks I have managed to get outside for a light run at least 2 times a week but that isn't the 3 times a week that I really need. So now I am faced with this awesome 5K run coming up on June 5 and I am terrified. I googled some 3 week running programs and didn't come up with too much. Looks like this may be the best I can do:

Week 1: Mon: 5km easy run, Wed: 5km faster run, Sat: long easy run for an hour, take it very easy.

Week 2: Mon: 5km easy run, Wed: 5km faster run, Sat: long easy run for an hour, take it very easy.

Week 3 : Mon: 5km fast run, Wed: 5km easy run, Sat: Race

Since my 3 week milestone doesn't actually start until next Monday I am hoping to get 2 more "easy" runs in this week and then I'll really push myself next week. Any one have any advise or tricks to share with me? I would normally ask the hubs to run and push me but his nurse sister just diagnosed him with Patellar Tendonitis so that puts him on the sofa icing his knee rather than running. I wonder if my little track star sister is going to want to do any training with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment