Friday, May 14, 2010

Project Friday

Months ago the husband and I got in an argument about what do to with our shoes. You see, if I put the shoes in the shoe boxes in the top of my closet, I can't reach them. I'm vertically challenged so I would have to bring a chair into the closet, stand on it as I unstack the boxes, opening them as I try to figure out what is inside them. It is just too long of a process for me. I usually opt to keep just my nice shoes in the shoe boxes and all others in a bin on my closet floor, I wasn't ready to budge on this.

A few weeks later the hubs said he saw an idea that may be some what of a solution for the shoes. So we had project night. All it took was shoe boxes, tape and an exacto knife (and if you want to get really creative some spray paint).

So we spent one night revising the shoe box.

The hubs went to town cutting out one side of the shoe box, making it:
1.Easy to slide the shoes in and out without having to unstack all the shoe boxes.
2. Easy to see the shoes inside the box.

After he cut the side of the box, I would go back and tape the top of the box to the bottom of the box.

In the end we got lots of boxes that I have happily stacked in my closet. I think once we move I will be looking for old shoe boxes to use for the shoes that I have already thrown away and I think I may want to spray paint them all to add some consistent color to the closet. This is what we have right now, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment