Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday "Blah" Bumday

That's how I feel...like blah...like a bum.

On Wednesday, I was super thankful to enjoy my first full holiday weekend. Prior to this year, I have had to either work Thanksgiving day or the Friday and weekend after ever since I can remember working. Part because I have worked for company's that require work be done (sports teams and retail stores aren't going to stop making money so I can enjoy the day off), and the other part because I am someone who would rather work a little harder when no one else wants to so I don't have to worry about the every day holiday stresses that are bound to effect me anyway at some point. I know this is ludicrous but I guess that's just the way I'm wired. Regardless, I got an entire 4 weekend to be BLAH.

I had 4 days to stress about moving into a house that I am not even 100% sure we're moving into. I had 4 days to pack my current life into boxes while wondering what is in store for us next. I had 4 days to stress about my best friend in the world moving half way around the world. I had 4 days to watch my dog mope around the house as she struggled to find what was hers in the packed boxes.  I had 4 days to eat my stress away in Thanksgiving food goodness. I had 4 days to think about work (I told you I am just wired this way). I had 4 days run around like a worry wort about well, everything.

And now, I have a few short hours left of this Sunday to try to bum around and relax before my super busy work schedule picks back up and we move (location still TBD). Although my husband disagrees, I think I've earned the next few hours to bum and that is exactly what I am going to do. Enjoy your day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment