Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

A year ago today I woke up to find my car had been hit in my apartment parking lot. Today I got to wake up early and help my sisters and my mom cook Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think I have spent this much time with them all at once doing something productive, in a very long time. The results look pretty good don't you think?


I am keeping this post short because I want to capitalize on the time I have with people who mean so much to me. It's only a few more hours until we cut open the turkey and over indulge on pies and other goodies. Until then, we will be watching Christmas movies (my tradition but don't worry there is always time for some football), telling stories, eating cheeseball, admiring our Thanksgiving feast but most of all being thankful for the Whetsels in Indiana and to our family and friends in Florida, Door County, Minnesota, Arizona, Texas, Ohio, North Carolina, and Oklahoma ...you are missed! Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. happy thanksgiving, dear! this was always such an exciting time of year in college. the holidays were near, dg was decorated, the semester was almost over and recruitment was just around the corner. i miss you! p.s. plans are in the works for us to have new years eve at our house...maybe you and l can come and visit!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lady. If we move into our house we planned on hosting NYE. I already emailed the Chicago girls, but I didn't want to email every one else until it was a sure thing. Hopefully I'll be sending something out by Friday. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete