Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Feels Like Home To Me

Right now we're not sure if we're going to close on our house or if we're going to have to back out from our contract. Either way, we're moving from our current place Friday. I am a "stick to the plan" kind of girl so you can only assume how much of a wreck I am. Right now my life is in boxes. I haven't been able to sleep in 2 days (and I have hardly had any caffeine). Severe case of insomnia, I think my husband and dog think I am crazy. With all this going on, I am not exactly sure if I have really felt at home recently.

On top of our current move, we've moved 6 times since I've graduated college, that's 6 times in 4 years! They (and by they I mean multiple studies and random websites) say moving is one of the most stressful things in a person's life. Yikes, no wonder why part of me just hasn't felt right at home.

Earlier today this little number started playing on my Pandora. Even with my life feeling like a mess this song brings back memories of my college home filled with all my amazing sisters. I am not sure if every sorority girl clings to this song as much as I felt like me and my DG sisters did, but when I hear this song it reminds me of a feeling that is almost impossible to explain. A feeling that only the girls in my house could help me feel. Girls that I could study with, shop with, make late night trips to McDonalds with. Girls that would make me laugh and smile and girls that would listen when I cried. When life felt like it was a mess and in boxes, I knew that coming home always felt like home. This song today reminded me that everything is going to be ok. Even though the hubs and I aren't quite home, today and always, I will have that feeling of home.

1 comment:

  1. awww i miss you and dg and the late night mcdonalds trips (those were the best). xoxo. fingers are crossed for your move!!!

    ReplyDelete