Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween How I Loath you

Yup, that's right, I may be one of millions of people in the country who don't like Halloween, but it's the truth.(in fact, of the 372 blog entries I had in my reader account, 365 of them were all about loving the wretched holiday, even the wedding blogs were about Halloween).

I don't like the holiday one bit. I don't like haunted houses, I don't like scary movies, I don't like most candy, I don't like scary things yet alone people dressed up as other scary people. In fact, sometimes scary things and movies make me physically ill and they turn me into a mental head case. Seriously, I get scared to go into rooms by myself, I get petrified walking my dog (I mean, Minne is ferocious but let's be honest she weighs less than 20 lbs). Moral of the story is, Halloween turns me into a crazy sick lunatic.

When I was little it was fun to dress up (not in scary outfits but you know the pretty ones with sparkles) but as I got older, I realized you can throw a themed party any time of the year and avoid all the creepy dirty stuff that comes along with Halloween. So I do just that. And on today's wicked little holiday I plan on treating it like any other day. I'll be doing laundry, catching up on some recorded TV and perhaps watching a holiday movie...you know, one that leaves you with warm fuzzies instead of creepy tingles....is it Christmas time yet?

 I should make a side note that some of my friends have special reasons for loving this icky holiday. One of my college besties and her hubby in particular. Halloween is the day he asked her to be his girlfriend and on this same holiday he proposed. For her, it's one of the best holidays a girl could ask for. So the only thing I will do to celebrate this icky day is to congratulate them on another special day.

PS...I don't judge you if you love Halloween, just know we all have our things.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for celebrating halloween JUST for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes only for you friend! Hope this day is as special as you hoped it would be.

    ReplyDelete