Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Paleo

If you're like me you read the title "Paleo" and assumed it was some sort of sickness. Actually, it's not a sickness in fact it is a diet that will help you to optimize your health, lose weight, and reduce disease! I am not one for dieting but the idea of making a healthier life style change seems like a good one to me.

Before I decided to join this Paleo diet I did some research to figure out what it was exactly. I ended up with this.

"The Paleo Diet is a way of eating in the modern age that best mimics diets of our hunter-gatherer ancestors - combinations of lean meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. By eating the foods that we are genetically adapted to eat, followers of the Paleo Diet are naturally lean, have acne-free skin, improved athletic performance, and are experiencing relief from numerous metabolic-related and autoimmune diseases."

I also found this video from some of the Paleo blogs I have started reading. It's a 6 minute video in support of the paleo diet.






After doing the research I am still a little hesitant. This diet seems like a huge life change for me and an even bigger items in the fridge change for my husband (who does not eat veggies other than corn and edamame). Since I'll be prepping and cooking for one, this also seems like an expensive diet. However, with the help of some Paleo blogs and my amazing supporting husband, even with hesitation I think I'm going to give it a try

Paleo Blogs I've recently added to my google reader just in case you want to check them out.
http://www.30daysofpaleo.com/my-blog/ (I especially like her first blog)
http://paleogirls.com/
http://everydaypaleo.com/

Feel free to suggest others for me, thanks and happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment