Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When is it ok to turn left at a red light?



"My boss came in and said he didn't know Illinois had so many cameras at the lights" hubs

"How did he find out" me

"His wife received 12 tickets in the mail that included photos of her turning left at a red light" hubs

me choking..."She turned left at a a red light?"

"My boss said that in Massachusetts it's ok to turn left on a red light if there are no cars around" hubs

"Pretty sure it's not legal to turn left on a red light in any city" me

"That's what I told him. I let him know that at most lights in Chicago you can't even turn right on a red light. I'm sure she has more tickets coming in the mail" hubs

This seemed absurd to me but I don't think I have ever driven any where near there. So  my question is....does anyone out there reading this live in Massachusetts? Is it common or accepted to turn left at a red light? Or in any American city for that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment