Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Car Part 1

I have been driving the best most reliable FREE car ever. It's gotten me around for almost 3 years. It's wonderful on gas mileage, has automatic windows and a great cd player BUT...it has no air conditioning. In fact, in the summer I usually have to drive with the heat on so that it doesn't over heat. This poor all heat Pontiac Sunfire has been passed down 3 times and last winter it started experiencing some transmission difficulties. We have put some money into it a few times but 2 Fridays ago on my way home from work it died. COMPLETELY.


It looks something like this, with chipped paint, some more rust and some fender benders (to be fair, the car was parked and I was in the house when it got hit)

You would think I would be terrified but this wasn't the first time I had a car die on me in a construction zone, during Chicago Rush hour...oh noo it was actually the 2nd time. Thank goodness, it was a lot easier to bare the comments that people were yelling, it was easy to look past people flipping me the bird and screaming (apparently when your car dies everyone around you thinks that you did it on purpose so their day would be ruined).

After that the hubs said enough is a enough. We spent 2 weeks researching cars. I was able to use the hubs car for a few days and the rest of the time I took the train. Well that was until Monday when I got harrassed outside of Union Station in Chicago. It was so bad the police got involved. The officer begged me to fill out the report because it was the only way they could arrest the man who was harrasing me. After the report was filed the cop told me I did the right thing because the man has been known to follow women into their work places! He also told me that he targets new faces along the train route. AWESOME.

That Monday night, we bought a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment